Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rule Britannia

In honour of the Olympics {and to assuage my disappointment at postponing our trip to Europe} I've compiled a few images celebrating the London Olympics.  While we still shriek "Go CANADA Go" in this household {we are well practiced after our stint hosting the Games here in Vancouver in the winter of 2010} I am proud to have English heritage & to cheer on the Brits as well.

On to imagery... check these out:

{ First saw this on my sister, Leah's, Pinterest site but seems to have taken the Pinning world by storm }

And an 'after' from design*sponge's DIY feature:

 { rule Britannia }

I am drawn into this comfortable living room but particularly liked the flag on the wall, which is actually a rug, framed:

{ Vivenne Westwood designed rug }

 And more inspiration from my sister's blog, Tiddly Bits:



{ pink stamp adds punch }

And from Miroslav Slasek:

{ This is London c. 1950 }

A mix of all thing London-y:

 
 {perfect London-estivus for the rest of us }

Ready to go cheer on your team?

No comments:

Post a Comment