Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent Calendars

This post is a bit belated.  It's December 5th & five of the advent calendar windows have been eagerly opened at our house.  But, I'm finding so many lovely advent calendars online that I simply must share.

I bought a 'fill your own' advent calendar from Ikea that is festive & sweet.  I'm finding that Ikea has a lot of goodies in their Christmas department this year:
{ Swedish Santa delivers pint size goodies each day }

I found this image on a blog by Stephanie Lynn that I just discovered.  The image is from Pottery Barn but Stephanie give instructions HERE to make your own.  I love the idea of adding a decoration to your tree each day:


   { countdown to Christmas }

Because my five sisters & families are scattered across North & South America I sent them a virtual calendar this year.  It is by Jacquie Lawson & while is a teeny bit twee the kids are LOVING it.  There is also a free advent calendar by Norad Tracks Santa {click here to view}. 

This is a practical advent calendar idea for the chilluns in the house.  The domestic goddess Martha has come up with a sock advent calendar.  Get 12 pairs of socks in festive colours  and string them up for a useful way to count down to Christmas:

{ stocking countdown }

And for some sweetly simple, neutral advent calendars that you can fill with any goodies you please check out these which I found at French By Design's blog:


 { simple & sweet }


{sweet & simple }

What about you?  Are you opening an advent calendar in your house & counting down the days 'til Christmas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment