Thursday, December 9, 2010

Decor & Gift Ideas: Four Calling Birds

"On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... Four Calling Birds". My online research tells me that the word "calling" is a deviation from 'colly' or 'collie' birds which refers to a 'blackbird' or 'crow'.

This little blackbird is quite festive with her red boots & fancy hat on. She looks as though she is heading to a Christmas party & would suit a whimsical room:


You can purchase online at Nayski's Little Gift Shop.

Or for the country/rock music enthusiast, Sheryl Crow's new album is available on iTunes or in stores:

{ 100 Miles from Memphis }

How about dishes? These could be a little precious but I think they'd suit someone with a more classically elegant home. What do you think?

{ plates & footed dishes }

I discovered them online at Olive & Cocoa.

And I found these darling blackbird necklace & earrings on Etsy. Very sweet!

{ tiny blackbird earrings }

{ tiny blackbird necklace }

Now I wouldn't necessarily have been drawn to this blackbird themed fabric from Andrew Martin right away:

{ Elspeth silk; Andrew Martin }

However, check out how fab it looks in this room:


Sold? SOLD!

And to stuff in a stocking, Santa-style? This sweet little handmade pin from In My Backyard:

{ blackbird fabric pin }

I wonder what the fifth day of Christmas will bring us...

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting my own little blackbird for Christmas--a visit to Esther Merle! love the birdies...tweet tweet!

    ReplyDelete