Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sweetly Vintage Little Girl's Room


Putting together my last post got me thinking more in depth about each of the bedding selections. Here's a design scheme using the Pink Pagoda bedding from Warm Biscuit Bedding Co. as a jumping off point....


Pair it with a little white bed. Something vintage is always my first pick to save a bit of $money$:

{ Paulina's bed at East 13th }

Paulina's bed was a hand-me-down from my darling friend, Sam. The bed was a cream colour with funky red accents when I got it & I painted it out white. I got her bedding from HomeSense & ChickPea.

Another option could be this little number from Restoration Hardware:

{ Sloane Bed in Vintage White }

For wall paint colour I would go with a warm neutral like Warm Beige 33C2 or Euphrates 33C1 from BEHR or, if your daughter insists on pink (like mine did) Mellow Pink 2094-70 from Benjamin Moore. It's a pink that doesn't scream cotton candy too badly.

Add some personal touches such as these photos sourced on Etsy. This one is from Tina Crespo's shop:

{ Pagoda & The Sea }


{ On Top of the World }

The window treatments could be white sheers if you're feeling "coloured-out" or perhaps a sweet green gingham pulling out colour from the accent pillow on the bed:

(This green gingham is reading a little bright for me. I'd make sure it was more sage vs. grass-green or age it by washing it in tea.)

On the floor I'd put a nicely worn Aubusson (or a knock-off to keep the budget down) like this one:
And no little girl's room is complete without a mirror to peer into while primping. How about one of these (which were picked up from a 2nd hand store & painted out white ~ for instructions click here):


Dinner prep calls... must run!

No comments:

Post a Comment