Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Picking Colours


Do you find picking paint a little daunting? Or downright scary?? Or do you thrill at the sign of the Benjamin Moore fandeck or the Farrow & Ball brochure and think of all the possibilities therein?

{ fan decks fanned out }

It's amazing how we are given a teeny tiny paint chip as a sample of colour & how differently it reads once on the wall. And how varied the EXACT SAME COLOUR looks in different lights & on different planes.

My friend, Kelly, is building her home very near mine. I met Kelly at the school playground. She was warm, friendly, sweet & gentle; I liked her right away. (In spite of the fact that she has 100x the patience I do & legs that just don't quit which would normally be two perfectly good reasons to dislike her ~ hee hee just kiddin' Kelly!!)

Kelly has asked for a little help with picking paint colours for her new home. And I agreed. She has a great sense of what she wants in feel & colour for her home but as is the case with most of us, just needs a little nudge in the right direction. Let's hope I can be that nudge... I'll be posting more here as we proceed on this project.

1 comment: